If your age is more than 50.. you should avoid such food which is harmful to health. Let’s find out how old people can keep their food.
Aging also necessitates a change in diet. Because in old age many diseases like diabetes, blood pressure, sugar start bothering the body. Aging causes weakness in the body due to which the energy level decreases. Apart from this, many health problems add to the suffering. If you are more than 50 years old, you should avoid such foods which are harmful to health. Let’s find out how elderly people should follow their diet.
- Eat Nutrient Rich Diet: People above 50 should eat nutrient rich diet like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, low fat dairy products etc. By eating these, the body gets plenty of nutrients and also solves the problem of energy deficiency. These food items are rich in essential vitamins and minerals which help in maintaining good health.
- Eat less salt and sugar: Excessive consumption of salt and sugar is dangerous for the elderly. Eating too much sugar can increase blood sugar levels. Diabetes occurs. Eating too much salt can lead to heart disease, Alzheimer’s, fatty liver, high blood pressure, obesity and bad cholesterol. Elderly people should eat less salt and less sugar in their diet.
- Eat fiber-rich foods: Eating fiber-rich foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can make daily bowel movements easier for seniors. It also keeps their stomach clean. Apart from this, it also helps in reducing the level of bad cholesterol.
- Stay hydrated: Lack of water in the body in old age can have serious consequences. So try to keep yourself hydrated. Drink enough water. If you want, you can also choose fruits and vegetables that are high in water.
- Avoid overeating: Elderly people should also avoid overeating. Always eat a little less than you want. Eat only as much food as is necessary. Eating too much can damage health.
(Note: The contents are for informational purposes only. It is provided as per the advice of health professionals. Consult a medical professional if you have any doubts.)
More Health News for